My creative space: setting up house

setting up house

This is the first time I have ever done this, though I have witness many bloggers doing this for awhile now. I thought it would be a bit of fun to join in.

This little setting was set up by my little daughter before she went to bed last night and told me under strict instructions, not to touch it because she had so much more to add to it in the morning.

That was the before shot and this......

dolls and their breakfast

Is the after shot taken in the morning.

She had all of them set up for breakfast but poor thing I have moved them now so I could vacumn. But anyway this is what I am suppose to be doing - setting up house. I have lived in this house for over a year now and I have not even put one picture up on the wall not even a clock folks. This is a new house but we don't own it so I have been holding back plus I have been a trifle busy with a baby and 3 kids.

I've decided that I can't do any sewing until I have sorted out the kids rooms, garage and the like. But of course the days go by I get stuck with the washing, trying to keep the house tidy, vacumning and so on. My baby has been sick so he wants to be held all the time so when I have a free moment I have no mojo, no inkling to tackle the nitty gritty of sorting out. Infact I am just so exhausted thinking about what needs to be done!

So I declare on this blog that I will hurry up and start. I will show before shots of what the kids room's look like (I will start there), sort it out and then decorate. Plus I have people coming to stay in a couple of weeks. Nothing like a vistor coming that actually makes you clean your house.

Funny story I was telling my 5 year old to clean up. As usual she was complaining how she hates cleaning and doesn't want to do it. I told her I don't care, you made the mess, you clean it up! Of course that didn't go down to well, she proceeds to clean up all the while telling me 'Well actually Mum, you should only clean up when visitors are coming' I giggled and told her to get back to it. Really I don't know where she got that idea from...




And saying that watch Megan from Mousehouse with her challenge. Just another bit of inspiration.

I would also like to thank Lyndy from Stitchbird for giving me a stylish blogger award. I was quite chuffed and so pleasantly surprised. Thanks for making my day! Check out her cute blog and all her so cute fabrics!

Comments

Cathie said…
goodluck with the house stuff, it does get overwhelming for me as well at times.
I wish we could set up house like the little ones do.

happy friday to you MJ ♥
Jessi said…
oh i just read the last 5 entries or so... what a beautiful blog! I love your taste!!! and i love red with pink for girls and the party and EVERYTHING that i have seen so far!

:) i like poppy the rabbit and your daughter's party dress too!
Tania said…
If it's any consolation, four years after moving into a house we own (well, a little bit) I still have a veritable STACK of unhung pictures cluttering up my wardrobe. Feel better yet?
quiltjude said…
Oh as a Family Day Carer I could relate to the setting up and not touching the dollys things! what a lovely blog you have :) have a great day

Popular Posts